No option to "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"...

Sumrall

3 posts in this topic

My keyboard is working and even recognized as logitech in the system profiler, but in system preferences I don't have the "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" option. I don't know if this is because the keyboard isn't being recognized correctly or if there is some other way to do this in 10.6.4, but where did this option go?

Currently the Fn key works in combination, but this isn't very useful when using maya or other programs that use the function keys.

I can't use Logitech control center because it messes with Steermouse (which I need for full mouse functionality). Is there a way to edit something in the OS so that I don't need software mapping?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my Logitech K750 "for Mac." My Logitech Windows keyboard can use the F-keys just fine, but that's probably because it has separate volume controls. I'm guessing that it isn't being recognized as a "proper" Mac keyboard, but the "Change Keyboard Type..." button in the Keyboard pref pane doesn't do anything useful. I really just want to change the system setting from the Terminal without needing the pref pane.

Did you ever figure this out?