Dell Studio Xps 8100

WICKSY

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to Hackintosh my Xps 8100 for a week now. And i know other people would really like to have someone help with doing this because i see more and more people asking on how to on multiple forums yet people just ignore the topics ;) . I also know that all the hardware on this will work because i have seen other people doing Hackintoshs with the same hardware.

Some other things that i need help with is when i try to boot to the installer on the Pc it just restarts again and just goes to windows.

Can someone please help me hackintosh my Pc with this hardware.

System Model: Studio Xps 8100

System Type: 64Bit

Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s)

Bios Version: Dell Inc. A04, 10/05/2010

SmBios Version: 2.6

Memory (RAM): 6Gb

Network: DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe card

Cd/Dvd Drive: PLDS DVDRBWD DH-6E2S

Audio: ATI HD audio device

Display: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Storage: 1TB

Mouse/Keyboard: Basic Dell Keyboard and mouse.

Thanks in advance. And im also willing to give $5 to anyone that gets this working just as a little thanks. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

late than never find a solution

I have successfully installed OSX 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.7 with everything working QE/CI/CL on Dell Studio XPS 8100. more instruction at the bottom

USE RAID mode and you also need to inject AHCIPortinjector.kext into /Extra folder of the installation Disc. in raid mode it's ICH8R for studio xps 8100 and you don't need to modify AHCIPortinjector.kext, it is already added there. I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then iAtkos S3 V2 Disc for installation. Without AHCIPortinjector.kext you can successfully go to Installation screen but disc utility will not show/recognize any sata drives. Dont forget to take out ram if your system is more than 4GB. You can insert more Ram after it's successfully installed and boot.

go here for further instruction:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12825