Kernel panic when iPhone is connected..

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Recently I did a fresh install of Snow Leopard on my AMD System using Empire EFI for AMD + The retail installation disk, everything went fine and i updated to 10.6.4 as normal only replacing the kernel and the updated fakesmc kext.

I've started to notice that when i've got my iPhone (4) plugged in, and particularly when i can hear the interference with my speakers like it's contacting the network, the computer results in a kernel panic.

I'm not sure if it's just me who has this issue, and I'm really stuck on what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Hello, Thanks for your reply!

I'm about to try that now, will update you in a few moments.

Okay just tried it, no kernel panic when the iPhone is connected on start up, It makes that noise to let you know the computer's recognized it, it's charging etc, i'm clueless!

Yeah it boots fine, no kernel panic or anything, and it also makes that noise to show that the computers recognized it and itunes + iphoto open

have you tried maybe to put it in aeroplane mode while it is connected ? or maybe you could also charge it from the wall charger.

I know it is not very practical as a solution but this is the best i can think of right now. :)

Regards,

MasterHunterHD