Dual Booting Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard

6 posts in this topic

Right now I am "getting shipped" my new copy of Snow Leopard.

It'll be here in a few hours, but just to cover this in the mean time.

I am using this guide:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

But I just finished completely installing Windows 7 64 bit, I finished everything, got drivers, installed all my games, everything.

In Tony's guide I see that you have to unplug the used hard drive, and only have the Hard drive in to install Snow Leopard.

Do I HAVE to use only 1 hard drive? And then Reinstall EVERYTHING for Windows 7?

Then after that How will I have to boot between which? Like in normal stuff, I dual booted 2 partitions a long time ago, with one with XP and one with Vista.

So.. just wondering?

I don't want to have to use a CD or anything every time I want to switch, it would be too complicated for me just to enter a program in Windows, or Snow Leopard.

I have:

Nvidia 9800 GTX + 512mb

Intel Core 2 duo, 7600

G43T-M Motherboard

2gigs of ram.

I'm most certain that this would work out.

I can describe how it works for me, although I haven't followed those exact instructions.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P and I have installed Carti's Mac BIOS which has a proper DSDT. I did two completely independent installations on two drives: the Windows 7 drive was not present when I installed OS X, and the OS X drive was not present when I installed Windows 7.

The system boots Chameleon on the OS X drive. Initially it only shows me the OS X volume, which it will boot by default after timing out. If I press any key to stop the countdown, it also shows me the partitions on my Windows 7 drive. There are two: the "System Reserved" partition and the main Windows 7 partition. To boot Windows 7, I have to choose System Reserved.

I don't know why I have to press a key to see the partitions on the Windows 7 drive, I'd rather see them immediately. If anyone knows how to remedy this, let me know.

Not so well.

I tried.

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] loaded up, then I put in the Snow Leopard DVD (Upgrade one, though it shouldn't matter, you can clean install on it, my friend did it on his mac)

It was white, with the apple symbol, then after a little bit, it showed a crossed out sign (The o with the diagnoal line)

I also have 10.5 with 2 dvd, I put in the 10.5 INSTALL DVD 1, it showed an instant kernal error.

So...

Halp!

Sebastian,

Try using Boot Verbose when launching the Snow Leopard OSX Installation Disk. The feedback you get will help you and others determine where in the process the installation is failing.

For what it is worth, the #1 cause of your issue is because AHCI has not been enabled in your PC's BIOS. I had the exact same problem earlier today and enabling AHCI is how I fixed it.

Sebastian,

Try using Boot Verbose when launching the Snow Leopard OSX Installation Disk. The feedback you get will help you and others determine where in the process the installation is failing.

For what it is worth, the #1 cause of your issue is because AHCI has not been enabled in your PC's BIOS. I had the exact same problem earlier today and enabling AHCI is how I fixed it.

Best walkthrough I've seen yet!!! My Dell 10v is working awesome with SL and W7! Thank you so much for Cisco

• 2 weeks later...