EP45UD3P Snow Leopard

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Whould need some help with installing Snow Leopard.

Now i have followd the guide linked below but wont work.

LifeHacker

My specs are:

Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI

CPU: Dual-Core E5200 2.50GHz

RAM: 3 Gb DDR2

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT

When i have set the BIOS settings and restart i am just getting stuck it wont load the installer.

What have i miss?

I did restore the mac os x snow leopard dvd to a USB thumb stick and the runned EP45UD3P Snow Leopard install package.

Anyone have some help, maybe prober BIOS settings for my mobo.

Hi everyone.

Whould need some help with installing Snow Leopard.

Now i have followd the guide linked below but wont work.

LifeHacker

My specs are:

Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI

CPU: Dual-Core E5200 2.50GHz

RAM: 3 Gb DDR2

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT

When i have set the BIOS settings and restart i am just getting stuck it wont load the installer.

What have i miss?

I did restore the mac os x snow leopard dvd to a USB thumb stick and the runned EP45UD3P Snow Leopard install package.

Anyone have some help, maybe prober BIOS settings for my mobo.

The EP45UD3P guide is designed for for Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboards, not the one you're using. This is no doubt the reason for your problem. You might be able to get it working if you can find a proper dsdt file for your motherboard. I'd also go and manually select the necessary kext Extensions rather than rely on what comes with the LifeHacker package.

Actually, your best bet would be to search these boards for a guide designed for your motherboard.

Here are a few possible guides - they may or may not work for you:

ASUS P5KPL-AM Retail install guide

[GUIDE] No Hacks! ASUS P5K-VM Install Guide of Retail Snow Leopard 10A432 on

[GUIDE] Asus P5Q: Vanilla SL Install

There are several other ASUS related guides, but I picked the P5 ones since I would think they'd be more likely to work for you.

Worst case scenario is that you'll have to extract and edit your dsdt file yourself - however, there are guides for that too.

Thanks for the input.

I did follow this tutorial: ASUS P5KPL-AM Retail install guide.

The installation went well, but now when it starts up the grey background appears and the apple and it loading for a bit and then i getting this as in the picture below.

post-643304-1279276469_thumb.jpg

And then when i restart i am getting same message.

One thing that may be the problem is that i only downloaded the Empire EFI V1.085

and not all kexts from the tutorial does that have anything to do with it?

I am so close now =)

Now i booted mac os x with EmpireEFI and it works fine i did create a account and all that.

But my network does not work.

When i restarted i get the same message as before as you can see in my previous post.

What am i doing wrong, must i have a partition with chameleon on and boot with that each time?

Now i booted mac os x with EmpireEFI and it works fine i did create a account and all that.

But my network does not work.

When i restarted i get the same message as before as you can see in my previous post.

What am i doing wrong, must i have a partition with chameleon on and boot with that each time?

First let me state that I'm unfamiliar with both your motherboard and anything but the LifeHacker install method. If you're having problems with the guide, you may want to try posting in it. Since someone reading it likely to have a better idea than me as to what's going on.

If your network is not working, that probably means you need to include a specific kext for whatever network controller your computer uses. The Kexts are VERY important in allowing your machine to function correctly. They allow the non-Apple hardware in you machine to work with MacOS. The first thing I'd do if I were you is get those kexts in place.

One thing you may want to try doing is to set the -v (verbose flag) so you figure out at which point your machine is locking up from Kernel Panic.

Regarding general setup, I installed MacOS on my machine using the methods shown in the LifeHacker guide, meaning I used a USB flash drive with Chameleon for the the installation. After everything was working, I installed Chameleon to my hard disk and use it to boot my machine to MacOS (and yes, this is required - for my machine anyway).

Hi again.

Now i have installed Chameleon 2 RC5 Pre8 on the same drive as MacOSX, also done a Chameleon partition and installed it there as well.

Now i am getting the same message as before. When i use the EmpireEFI CD that i burned it works, but both of these has Chameleon so dont get why it wont work.

I Also have Windows 7 installed and used EasyBCD 2.0.1 to make dual boot, it here iam getting the "turn of computer message".

I have used the kext utility and did made a extensions.kext file on the Chameleon partiotion. Dont really know where to put it, should i but all the kext in the primary drive as well. In Library and System?

Iam Stuck.