Will this work with Osx86?

Pisungen

4 posts in this topic

I'm going to buy a new computer one of the next day. These are the parts that I'm looking at:

• AMD Athlon 64 3800+
  • ASUS A8N-E (using Onboard sound)
  • 1 GB Kingston DDR (4 slots)* Ram
  • 250 GB ATA Maxtor*
  • HIS ATI Radeon X850XT 256mb
  • ZyXEL Wireless LAN USB Adapter*
  • Wireless USB Logitech Mouse Keyboard etc...*

*Parts from my old computer

Will this work with OSx86 and which version will be the best? As far as I can see from Wiki the only problem could be the X850XT.

If you have suggestions for other hardware that you think will be better(for both Windows XP and OSx86) around the same price(+/- 50$), please say what you think :). Just need to be compatible with both Windows and OSx86.

Thanks in advance!

Pisungen

I'm going to buy a new computer one of the next day. These are the parts that I'm looking at:
  • AMD Athlon 64 3800+
  • ASUS A8N-E (using Onboard sound)
  • 1 GB Kingston DDR (4 slots)* Ram
  • 250 GB ATA Maxtor*
  • HIS ATI Radeon X850XT 256mb
  • ZyXEL Wireless LAN USB Adapter*
  • Wireless USB Logitech Mouse Keyboard etc...*

*Parts from my old computer

Hey There,

I have the same motherboard and it works fine (well, apart from the onboard LAN, but there's a fix for that). I only have a Single Core 3500+ though. Your 3800+ does have SSE3 so you don't have to worry. The onboard sound works out of the box, but to use iTunes you'll have to use AMD_Patcher 1.0a

USB keyboards and mice work great, PS/2 keyboards and mice don't work at all.

I've got a Powercolor x800GTO 256mb and OS X doesn't regonise that at all (so no QE/CI for me) but it might be different for you. Even if OS X doesn't reognise it, all it means is that you don't get any of the fancy effects.

As for the Wireless lan I'm not sure.