How to upgrade iatkos S3 to 10.6.4?

12 posts in this topic

I'm kinda new to this. So I'm guessing you can't just upgrade via Software Update... I'm running iatkos S3 v1 10.6.3.

you're not going far without giving hardware and software details. if some lucky conditions arise (e.g. vanilla install, /E/E with all proper "patched"/"modded" kexts/ sun and moon in good relative positioning ) you can use SU quite easily. but we need HW/SW info to try and help you.

Well, just to be sure, here are my specs:

E6600

Geforce 250 GTS

4 gigs of ram

Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3

And here's what I chose to install:

Bootloader: Chameleon v2 RC4

Patches: Default

Drivers: AHCI Sata

Sound, Input..

CPU Power Management: Voodoo P-State

NTFS-3G

and the rest is marked here:

r1bd02.png

oh, and if it matters, i'm dual-booting with win7.

Well, just to be sure, here are my specs:

E6600

Geforce 250 GTS

4 gigs of ram

Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3

And here's what I chose to install:

Bootloader: Chameleon v2 RC4

Patches: Default

Drivers: AHCI Sata

Sound, Input..

CPU Power Management: Voodoo P-State

NTFS-3G

and the rest is marked here:

r1bd02.png

oh, and if it matters, i'm dual-booting with win7.

As long as you don't have sleepenabler.kext install you will be fine to update 10.6.4 according to Netkas.org.

I don't know much, but from what I have learned since starting my Hackintosh experience, using the vanilla kernel shouldn't break your machine. Make sure to back up any custom .Kexts installed into your S/L/E directory and to reinstall them after updating using the kextutility app. Wish I could be of more help, but I am still learning all this stuff myself...

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i was also wondering how to go about this process if i would be able to upgrade to 10.6.4 using system update

im running an acer aspire 4315 laptop

GFX: Mobile GM965/GL960 Graphics Controller - fullly working quartz extreme x3100

AUDIO: Intel 82801h (ICH8 Family) HD Audio - Voodoo HDA got this working

Ethernet: Marvell Technology Group 88e8039 - Fully Working

WIFI: Ralink USB Wireless

1.87z Ghz Celeron

2gb Ram

320Gb sata Hard Drive

i could not remember if i had installed the sleep enabler kext so i did a spotlight search for kext files and it came up, i am new to this, do i have to delete this file from the system to be able to do an update or is there an alternative means

• 4 weeks later...
awesome deleted the sleep kext now im good to go running 10.6.4

Just done this myself - installed the new 10.6.4 sleepenabler kext; now i'm getting the weirdest problem where if my computer goes to sleep for an extended period of time (around 1-3 hours) i'm greeted with a crash upon wake up (i'll get around 2-3 minutes use). Fun. It doesnt seem to happen if the computer only sleeps for around 10-2- minutes. Any suggestions? :wacko: