Help to modify kext files?

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I would to like to install the kext content of this file?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1496947

1.extract the zip to your desktop (not into a folder, literally to your desktop) this means there should be a file on your desktop called AppleNForceATA.kext

2. open Terminal, (/applications/utilities/terminal.app)

3. type sudo -s in terminal then your admin password following this, now you should be root.

4. type sudo mv /users/(YOUR USERNAME)/desktop/AppleNForceATA.kext /system/library/extensions

at this point the file AppleNForceATA.kext should have dissapeared from the desktop,

5. type sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

6. type sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

7. now, CLOSE TERMINAL

then go to /system/library and look for

Extensions.mkext, and also look for extensions.kextcach

but i can't find thos 2 files, WHY? it's normal?

what can i do after have put kext file on Extensions?

What a coincidence, I just installed it in safe mode after my old kext was corrupted :P . Here are the commands, enter these in terminal. You can find terminal under utilities:

sudo su

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv KextName.kext KextName.old (where kextName stands for the kext you want to replace)this will rename the kext and this way back it up, it is highly recommended, warmly advised, very important to follow this step, it saved my OS many times

cd /path/to/new/kext (put your downloaded kext path here)

cp -R KextName.kext /System/Library/Extensions (make sure you have admin rights)

next you need to fix permissions so the kext can be executed by OS user (root/system)

chmod -R 755 KextName.kext

chown -R 0:0 KextName.kext (this will set the ownership on files to system user (root))

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (this will reset all kext caching done by OSX)

What a coincidence, I just installed it in safe mode after my old kext was corrupted :P . Here are the commands, enter these in terminal. You can find terminal under utilities:

sudo su

mv KextName.kext KextName.old (where kextName stands for the kext you want to replace)this will rename the kext and this way back it up, it is highly recommended, warmly advised, very important to follow this step, it saved my OS many times

cd /path/to/new/kext (put your downloaded kext path here)

cp -R KextName.kext /System/Library/Extensions (make sure you have admin rights)

next you need to fix permissions so the kext can be executed by OS user (root/system)

chmod -R 755 KextName.kext

chown -R 0:0 KextName.kext (this will set the ownership on files to system user (root))

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (this will reset all kext caching done by OSX)

I find another forum

I will try both(forum + your text)