Hackintosh on Tablet Question

20 posts in this topic

In the next few days i will be ordering a tablet(the HP Elitebook 2740p to be specific).

I am interested in trying to get a hackintosh working on it(tried with my Hexa core AMD Desktop to no avail)...

a few questions though:

-Is there any touch support? i know theres a company out there that makes OSX tablet devices

If not, o well i can just use as a laptop

-Can OSX be installed on say a 10 GB or less partition, and use file directories within Windows 7 for all files?(I will be having an 80 GB SSD, so space is going to be kind of limited on the tablet's drive)

Specs will be: Intel i7-620M

4GB RAM

pretty much everything else is about what is stock on the 2740p.....

also, on a side note, anyone able to help me get a hackintosh working on a Phenom II X6 1090T, with a Crosshair III, been trying for a while, cant ever get it to actually work, or get to an install screen.....

-WFeather

you need atleast 10gb to install i believe, try splitting your ssd into 25gb for mac 55gb ntfs for win7. or you could try 25gb mac, 10gb fat32, 45gb ntfs win 7. the 10gbfat32 is for sharing between oses. i do believe i have heard its better that way

ill have to do more digging, I know that there is a company out there that converts macbooks to run as tablets. Dont know how they do it......though I do know that OSX isnt designed to be used as a tablet.....

i think ive decided on 15 GB when it arrives(I know that it needs ~5.5 GB for install, am I correct?)

edit: forgot to ask: I just got a Q9450 for $100, thinking of just using it to make a hackintosh.....what is a good intel s775 board that will work well, and is an nvidea chipset(need it because its going into a LAN rig that will eventually have SLI'd 9800GTX....but run a hackintosh when not at LAN's)....mATX prefered, but I cant find any of em, so I think ill end up with ATX

I looked at the OSX86 wiki, and didnt see any mobile hardware listed....did I just miss it??

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to put any release of OSX onto a Phenom II X6 1090T with a Crosshair III?

• 1 month later...
k, ill do atleast 15 then, probably 20, ill be grabing a 16 GB flash drive soon anyhow so that will make the space amount pretty much null and void

is there a way to actually utilize the touch feature?

there's also a company called touch-base.com that builds drivers for touchscreens on all platforms including mac.. you might want to check them out. you can ask them to build you a trial version to see if it works.

• 2 weeks later...
In the next few days i will be ordering a tablet(the HP Elitebook 2740p to be specific).

I am interested in trying to get a hackintosh working on it(tried with my Hexa core AMD Desktop to no avail)...

a few questions though:

-Is there any touch support? i know theres a company out there that makes OSX tablet devices

If not, o well i can just use as a laptop

-Can OSX be installed on say a 10 GB or less partition, and use file directories within Windows 7 for all files?(I will be having an 80 GB SSD, so space is going to be kind of limited on the tablet's drive)

Specs will be: Intel i7-620M

4GB RAM

pretty much everything else is about what is stock on the 2740p.....

also, on a side note, anyone able to help me get a hackintosh working on a Phenom II X6 1090T, with a Crosshair III, been trying for a while, cant ever get it to actually work, or get to an install screen.....

-WFeather

i just got a 2740p w an i5-540m + intel hd for graphics and were able to boot into 10.6.3 using iatkos s3 v2 w boot flags "-v busratio=19 -force64" + 10.3.0 kernel, but there's no intel hd nor any usb functionality.

can't update to 10.6.4 due to kp, probably because this update is trying load up the Intel HD which is prob looking for the secondary nvidia card that's in the new macbook pro's (which my hp 2740p doesn't have).

this i3/i5/i7 + Intel HD problem hasn't yet seemed too have been resolved.

anyone have other leads on this??

• 2 weeks later...

*update*

just got 10.6.4 to load after going into the info.plist of the intelHD kexts and changing the id's to 428086 instead of keeping it 468086! however, the graphics is still not working, stuck at 1024x768.

just ordered a Broadcom wireless card to switch out the intel 6200 AGN to try to get wireless working. apparently it's the only other draft-N card that isn't whitelisted by the hp 2740p bios. hope snow takes it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...