Radeon x600 and CMI9880 ?

zefred

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I've read the threads up and down, rampaged the forum, tried a LOT of things, but still can't get my Radeon X600 to run properly (The best I could do is Callisto with mouse tearing). And I still can't have the sound on the regular driver of my sound card, only HD, which results in Final Cutpro Crashing when loading the sound drivers...

:censored2:

Anybody around here would have a solution for me ?

The 10.4.6 install I have results with a blackscreen and mouse pointer for the graphics and nothing for the sound. The weird thing is that the sound seems to work OK just after the installation, and goes away when I relog for the first time.

Thanks !

Zefred

• 2 weeks later...

Another x600 10.4.6 user here, and I got the screen resolution change working with callisto last build, but no luck with QE/CI yet. The default installation also does the black screen w/ cursor for me, and moving all ATI...kexts to some backup folder made it possible for me to boot without safe mode. So now I have sound, and my digidesign iLok loads ok, but no QE/CI luck for me yet... anyone care to help?

• 3 months later...

OK Guys, I have the graphics working with only a little mouse artifact, but EVRYTHING ELSE IS PERFECT!

What I did...

I tried every distribution that I could find, and... when I installed 10.4.3 from the compatibility list, my graphic card was working. THen I upgraded to jas 10.4.6... and youpi !

I just need to find a proper driver for the sound now cause I have only the HD... and no volume slider...

But all my Apple progs are now working perfectly !

:)