[SOLVED] NVIDIA 8800 works only 1024x768 SL 1.6.2 fresh install

Pippocannelunghe

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm a newbie, and this is the first time that I install and use (seriously) Macosx.. So I managed to enable sound and network, but I can't enable my grafic card...

Please tell me what I/you need to understand and solve my problem...

I already tried to use EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist both in /Extra and /Library...... I also tried with nvenabler64.kext, ndarwin, nvinject, nvkush....

please help me!

Thanks in advance,

Pippocannelunghe, I have approved your topic, but yours is in fact a typical example of a topic I should delete.

1)Which GeForce 8800 do you have?

2)What are you tring to install? (Leopard, Snow Leopard...). Which method?

The 8800 are among the most compatible, with a bit of more search you could solve the problem yourself.

Pippocannelunghe, I have approved your topic, but yours is in fact a typical example of a topic I should delete.

1)Which GeForce 8800 do you have?

2)What are you tring to install? (Leopard, Snow Leopard...). Which method?

The 8800 are among the most compatible, with a bit of more search you could solve the problem yourself.

It is an 8800GT with 512mb ram (device id 0x0611).

I used the SnowOSX 3.6 universal installer to get it work (and it worked at first time!)

Now, by managing and following this guide http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4 I modified the NVDANV50HAL.kext and NVDAResman.kext as described there and booting with -v flag I finally see the message "Natit found .... my device_id" at least 3 times sequentially and then system freeze (I think that I can call it Black Screen).

So I rebooted with -s flag and removed natit.kext and now the system boot but always without graphical acceleration...

pls help me, am I on right way?

ps I cleared my previous tests with EFIstudio by restoring original com.apple.boot.plist

EDIT: just to make clearness, I looked so much before open this thread... I cant get it sorted alone :(

It is an 8800GT with 512mb ram (device id 0x0611).

I used the SnowOSX 3.6 universal installer to get it work (and it worked at first time!)

Now, by managing and following this guide http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4 I modified the NVDANV50HAL.kext and NVDAResman.kext as described there and booting with -v flag I finally see the message "Natit found .... my device_id" at least 3 times sequentially and then system freeze (I think that I can call it Black Screen).

So I rebooted with -s flag and removed natit.kext and now the system boot but always without graphical acceleration...

pls help me, am I on right way?

ps I cleared my previous tests with EFIstudio by restoring original com.apple.boot.plist

EDIT: just to make clearness, I looked so much before open this thread... I cant get it sorted alone :(

I have many doubts about SnowOSX 3.6 universal (I haven't tried it, but I haven't read many good things about it).

If you must use a distribution, I suggest you use Snow Hazard (patch it, if you don't find it pre patched).

If you do use Snow Hazard, tick Graphicsenabler and NVInject.

Your card should work without problems.

I soooooolveeeeed!!! :(

Thanks anyway!

However, for who has my same problem, I followed the guide above, so:

1. modify 2 kext: NVDANV50HAL.kext and NVDAResman.kext by changing the IOPCIPrimaryMatch string with 0x"mydeviceid"+"myvendorid", for example 0x061110de which means 0x8800gtNividia.

2. pulled NVEnabler64.kext in Extention folder (found on kext.com)

3. Fixed permission with EFIstudio

4. Reboot!

Thanks again Alessandro!

Much appreciated! :(

Ciao! :D