help installing osx on a8n5x mobo

jdm05cl9

7 posts in this topic

i'm trying to install dual boot win 7 and osx on an asus a8n5x mobo. have anybody done this? i keep getting errors, what drivers am i suppose to use in customizing? leave dvd in after install successful or take it out b4 reboot? anything else i need to do after? plse help

i finally got it up and running, so when i updated the software, it ask me to reboot. after the reboot it stop working. now back to square one. trying to format drive n install ipc osx again. do i need to do something else after the first boot up?

i finally got it up and running, so when i updated the software, it ask me to reboot. after the reboot it stop working. now back to square one. trying to format drive n install ipc osx again. do i need to do something else after the first boot up?

Do you mean using Apple Software autoupdate...........?

yes, the apple software update. so when i restart it just stayed on the white apple screen.

The Software update would have installed the vanilla kernel but your AMD processor needs a non-vanilla patched kernel to run........

so just dont use the software update? i got a ipc 10.5.6 disc, can u tell me wht i'm suppose to put when i install (in customize)? thanks

Try:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers - NVIDIA - NVdarwin with VRAM to suit your graphics card

Drivers - Chipset Drivers - AppleNForceATATest nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers - ALC850

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers - Forcedeth nForce4 LAN Driver or nForceLAN Driver

Drivers - USB Drivers - Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches - Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 (must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch - AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications - Optional