Can't figure out what I am doing wrong!

MrDJ

3 posts in this topic

Ok,

I appreciate any feedback you have to offer. Here is where I am at. I have installed 10.5.7 via Iatkos v7.

I have run the script on the dvd to install chameleon v2, after the install completes, the computer reboots and boom, I am in Windows.

I CAN get OSX to boot by inserting the DVD, hitting f8, and typing rd=diskos5

I have just been dealing with typing the command every time.

I have been trying to get my Nvidia 8400GS card to give me a better resolution. I read about EFI etc and osx86 tools. Run the program, reboot and no change.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but after a lot of googling it appears that nothing I do whether it be NVinject, efi, etc will work until I get the DSDT patch working?

So I have been trying for the last 4 hours to get chameleon to work on my machine. After checking out the wiki on my GA-M61P-S3 motherboard, I find this post in the wiki:

Install method: iATKOSv7

DSDT patching failed for me. This will cause your system not to boot. To Fix: Create a new temporary ( small sized ( few megs is more than enough ) ) partition, if you have another partition not being used for the installation you can skip that part. After installation you can use the boot CD to execute the terminal. Find the chameleon v2 install script on the cd. Copy the script to the temporary partition or other partition not being used. Open up the chameleon v2 installer script in an editor ( I used vi on the recently installed OSX partition ) and find where it says DSDT << PATCH ( note: not exactly written). Below it will have:

y

y

Change the second y to 0 then execute the script. There are three options for DSDT: 0 Darwin, 1 WinXP, 2 Win Vista. WinXP failed, Darwin worked. Vista untested.

OK so this sounds like this will be my solution? In theory I get this fixed, then all of my problems go away?

Here is my problem. I can't figure out how in the hell I go into terminal and move the chameleon files from my install DVD do this extra partition. I can't figure out how to browse the cd, and have no clue how to access my chameleon files.

I would love any suggestions you have to get me up and running.

Thanks!

MrDJ

• 4 months later...