iAtkos 10.5.7 ~ iPC 10.5.6... some hardware incompatibility.

6 posts in this topic

hello guys...

I am glad to tell you that I could successfully install Mac OS x86 on my PC by either iAtkos 10.5.7, or iP 10.5.6, but unfortunately.... I have had some problems...

my PC is like the following:

motherboard: Asus P5KPL-C/1600 (with Intel G31 chipset family).

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo (E8400 D0) @ 3,00 GHz.

RAM: 4 GB @ 800 FSB (2x2).

VGA: nVidia 8500GT 1 GB DDR2.

well....

the problems were like :

1- I couldn't connect to the internet through my Creative modem blaster v.92 (dial-up modem)

and unfortunately... that PC doesn't connect to the internet via a DSL modem. :( .

2- also.... I cant set my screen resolution to what I want or even to what the native res of my screen is , which is 1280x1024 due to my 17 inch LCD., that whenever `i try to set it to this resolution or any thing else, I get a blue screen ( not a blue screen of death) which doesn't disappear till I restart (by the case button) in spite of instructions I applied in case the screen gos blank or blue ( according to Mac OS instructions).

so I wonder if there is an up-to-date kext for my GeForce 8500GT 1GB ddr2 card, that might resolve this issue ??? or can you indicate me to how resolve it ??

when I used iPC 10.5.6 the native resolution was 800x600, that I couldn't change to anything else.

and when I used iAtkos 10.5.7, the native resolution was 1024 x7xx ( I can't recall what it was exactly) and though I couldn't change it as well.

so what can I do about this please ???

- and I noticed that either with iPc 10.5.6 or iAtkos 10.5.7... I couldn't have any sound out of my 4.1 sub-woofer, that I only could here it from my headphone.

so what about all I mentioned above ??? any solutions please ??? :)

thanks in advance.

hello guys...

I am glad to tell you that I could successfully install Mac OS x86 on my PC by either iAtkos 10.5.7, or iP 10.5.6, but unfortunately.... I have had some problems...

my PC is like the following:

motherboard: Asus P5KPL-C/1600 (with Intel G31 chipset family).

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo (E8400 D0) @ 3,00 GHz.

RAM: 4 GB @ 800 FSB (2x2).

VGA: nVidia 8500GT 1 GB DDR2.

well....

the problems were like :

1- I couldn't connect to the internet through my Creative modem blaster v.92 (dial-up modem)

and unfortunately... that PC doesn't connect to the internet via a DSL modem. :( .

2- also.... I cant set my screen resolution to what I want or even to what the native res of my screen is , which is 1280x1024 due to my 17 inch LCD., that whenever `i try to set it to this resolution or any thing else, I get a blue screen ( not a blue screen of death) which doesn't disappear till I restart (by the case button) in spite of instructions I applied in case the screen gos blank or blue ( according to Mac OS instructions).

so I wonder if there is an up-to-date kext for my GeForce 8500GT 1GB ddr2 card, that might resolve this issue ??? or can you indicate me to how resolve it ??

when I used iPC 10.5.6 the native resolution was 800x600, that I couldn't change to anything else.

and when I used iAtkos 10.5.7, the native resolution was 1024 x7xx ( I can't recall what it was exactly) and though I couldn't change it as well.

so what can I do about this please ???

- and I noticed that either with iPc 10.5.6 or iAtkos 10.5.7... I couldn't have any sound out of my 4.1 sub-woofer, that I only could here it from my headphone.

so what about all I mentioned above ??? any solutions please ??? :)

thanks in advance.

AFAIK your MOBO audio chipset/codec is the VT1708B and your LAN chipset is the Realtek RTL8111B/C codec

Swap your display connector to the other port on your graphics card.........if that does not work, then try EFI string via OSX86Tools but remove any NV injector kext you have tried in /S/L/E/.........

AFAIK your MOBO audio chipset/codec is the VT1708B and your LAN chipset is the Realtek RTL8111B/C codec

Swap your display connector to the other port on your graphics card.........if that does not work, then try EFI string via OSX86Tools but remove any NV injector kext you have tried in /S/L/E/.........

am sorry for bothering you... :) but please bear with me, am not that Hacintosh guru, so please try to tell me what to exactly do with this ? (step-by-step)

- that motherboard audio card is integrated, and it's by VIA (though in the bios I have the options to set it to either ti Azalia, or AC97, and not mentioning anything about VIA).

- and what do you mean to wsap my display connector ??? it's only one port that connects to LCD to the VGA ( or I misunderstood it ? ).

thanks.

and what about my creative modem blaster dialup modem ??? is there any kext for it to get it working ?? :(

am sorry for bothering you... :( but please bear with me, am not that Hacintosh guru, so please try to tell me what to exactly do with this ? (step-by-step)

- that motherboard audio card is integrated, and it's by VIA (though in the bios I have the options to set it to either ti Azalia, or AC97, and not mentioning anything about VIA).

- and what do you mean to wsap my display connector ??? it's only one port that connects to LCD to the VGA ( or I misunderstood it ? ).

thanks.

and what about my creative modem blaster dialup modem ??? is there any kext for it to get it working ?? :)

Does you GeForce 8500GT 1GB ddr2 card have two DVI ports, or VGA and DVI ports? If you have a VGA/DVI adapter, you can switch the display connector cable to the other port on your video card......

In iPC 10.5.6, select NVDarwin 1024MB for your video

Yes, your audio chipset is the VIA VT1708B..........try VoodooHDA (try with each BIOS Audio settings)

Your onboard Ethernet LAN uses the Realtek RTL8111B/C codec.........use R1000.kext

Don't know about your dialup modem........is it PCI or USB or Serial connected?

am sorry for bothering you... :( but please bear with me, am not that Hacintosh guru, so please try to tell me what to exactly do with this ? (step-by-step)

thanks.

and what about my creative modem blaster dialup modem ??? is there any kext for it to get it working ?? :)

by the way... here is the link that tells you the features and specifications of my motherboard which is Asus P5KPL-C/1600:

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ggqp...&templete=2

and I had already updated my motherbaord to the latest BIOS version .

Does you GeForce 8500GT 1GB ddr2 card have two DVI ports, or VGA and DVI ports? If you have a VGA/DVI adapter, you can switch the display connector cable to the other port on your video card......

In iPC 10.5.6, select NVDarwin 1024MB for your video

Yes, your audio chipset is the VIA VT1708B..........try VoodooHDA (try with each BIOS Audio settings)

Your onboard Ethernet LAN uses the Realtek RTL8111B/C codec.........use R1000.kext

Don't know about your dialup modem........is it PCI or USB or Serial connected?

- as for my VGA ports.. I am not sure, I have got to check out when I come back to home, while I DID chose that patch for my VGA in iPC 10.5.6, and tired another one too for those nVidia cards with 1024 MB of VRAM, but still the same.

- as for my Audio... I have to try what you mentioned and see.. though I stared at the patch you mentioned for a while when I was looking on what to choose. :)

- and as for my dial-up modem, it's a PCI card.

by the way... here is the link that tells you the features and specifications of my motherboard which is Asus P5KPL-C/1600:

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ggqp...&templete=2

and I had already updated my motherbaord to the latest BIOS version .

- as for my VGA ports.. I am not sure, I have got to check out when I come back to home, while I DID chose that patch for my VGA in iPC 10.5.6, and tired another one too for those nVidia cards with 1024 MB of VRAM, but still the same.

- as for my Audio... I have to try what you mentioned and see.. though I stared at the patch you mentioned for a while when I was looking on what to choose. :rolleyes:

- and as for my dial-up modem, it's a PCI card.

any help regarding how to connect to the internet via my dial-up modem guys ???