Intel GMA 900 (I think)

Eric Nail

1 post in this topic

Okay, so I'm installing Mac on a friends computer. It's a Old-ish HP, from around 2004-2005. I have successfuly installed the iAKTOS v7 disk and then upgraded to 10.5.8 via the Software Update, and all is up and working.

I've had to do some patches and such, none of which is new to me as I have mac installed on 3 of my own computers.

Anyway, My three computers all have video cards that I personally bought and was able to get the correct drivers for. Unfortunately, this computer has an integrated Intel card and I am having a little trouble getting the video to work properly.

I'm not 100% on the type of card that is built in, I believe it is a GMA 900, but I can't be sure. the OSx86 Tools app tells me this:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2582] (rev 04)

00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation 82915G Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2782] (rev 04)

Anyway, here is my situation and issue:

The drivers i have label the card as a GMA 900 in the system profiler and through the ElliotAppleIntel patch I was able to get QU/CI enabled. I am able to use Front Row and the menu bar is transparent. The problem is that when I boot up somethimes, I log in and then the screen goes blank, as in the monitor turns off, or isn't getting a signal. Also, sometimes when I open something it does the same and I have to put the computer into sleep and wake it up just to get the screen back on.

If the screen saver is running, you can see it blacking out every 10-20 seconds and then it comes back on, rinses, repeats.

Anyone know my issue here? I have pretty good understanding on the apple system, so If you have to get technical, feel free :P

Thanks,

Eric