uh oh! upgraded 10.6.3 to 10.6.4, my wi-fi isnt working now!

jbfan31

3 posts in this topic

I recently installed iATKOS S3 (10.6.3) on my Toshiba laptop (Satellite L45-S7409)

its working good. QE/CI support through intel x3100 kext included with the DVD

however, last night i was trying to get my wifi (RTL8187B) working. I downloaded and installed (with Kext helper) the patched 10.6 rtl kext from InfiniteMac. It was working!

So then i proceeded to do a software update to 10.6.4, because i heard from various forums that with iATKOS, the official Apple updates are safe.

buuuut, the updates installed, so then i restarted...then in System Prefences i noticed where the WLAN was the little icon turned red. (strange that before it would detect my wifi as USB ethernet and there would be no Airport status icon in the menu bar.)

So how can I fix my wifi issue???

I recently installed iATKOS S3 (10.6.3) on my Toshiba laptop (Satellite L45-S7409)

its working good. QE/CI support through intel x3100 kext included with the DVD

however, last night i was trying to get my wifi (RTL8187B) working. I downloaded and installed (with Kext helper) the patched 10.6 rtl kext from InfiniteMac. It was working!

So then i proceeded to do a software update to 10.6.4, because i heard from various forums that with iATKOS, the official Apple updates are safe.

buuuut, the updates installed, so then i restarted...then in System Prefences i noticed where the WLAN was the little icon turned red. (strange that before it would detect my wifi as USB ethernet and there would be no Airport status icon in the menu bar.)

So how can I fix my wifi issue???

anybody??? i really need some help here. thank you. :)