AMD 3500+ processor and nForce4

Luco

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I know that there are lot's of threads about this, but i really need a clear answer.

I have:

processor - AMD x64 3500+

mainboard - K8SLI with NVIDIA nForce4 chipset

disk - 200GB WesternDigital SATA

graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT

soundcard - Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (and the one on the motherboard, but i like this one more. i can use any, which is supported (if any :D))

ram - 1GB DDR

networking - 10/100/1000 Mbps - VITESSE VSC8201RX (PHY) via NVIDIA nForce4

can someone tell me how to install mac os x? I don't want to have a double boot. Just mac os x. No vmware, no virtual PCs.

Which version should i use (JaS 10.4.6, ...)? I heard something about SATA disks... i'm worried because the SATA disk that i use. will the installer be able to install mac os on it? and will it work afterwards?

And what about sse? what do i select in the install program (sse3 or sse2)?

I use Ubuntu linux now, but if i'll have to have windows on for a proper install, that's ok, because i can install them in 30min.

I wuld really aprechiate if someone wrote a tutorial bout it... or even better, if there is one (for AMD processors) a link.

Thanks, Luco.

Uh... have you read any of the tutorials? Check out the Wiki. I agree some of them could be written better, but there's no rush. You have all the time in the world! :P From what I remember, all you need is a partition which is detectable by the installer, and from there, just pop in the CD and you're ready to roll!

As for SATA Disks, I had an issue with it not being able to detect mine as being the primary harddisk. I had to use jumpers to resolve this issue, but that was a while ago, I don't know if anything has changed. I had the same set up as you, but I bought a new motherboard a couple months ago, so I haven't tried to install Mac OS yet.

I'm not too sure if it matters about SSE2 or SSE3. Again, read the Wiki. All I know is that you need this instruction set to be able to install Mac OS natively. I have an AMD64 3200+ , I didn't have the option of selecting either. I know that AMD64 has SSE3, though. Again, I gathered all of this information from the Wiki--for the most part.

Read the Wiki! It's full of wonderful goodies!

Ok, sorry for the double post...

now, i have read all the SATA related tutorials and i still don't know how to do it. I wuld like (if that's possible) to make a DVD image of the install disk (JaS 10.4.6) with the SATA drivers. My hardware ID is 0x005410DE.

Can someone please tell me how to make this?