After Crash, Can't Boot Into OSX

4 posts in this topic

Help! I have been happily running 10.6.2 since February or so, everything working great. Then yesterday I found my screen had gone blank and I was forced to do a hard reboot. I haven't made any changes to my system.

Since then I haven't been able to boot, either into my OSX install or from the retail SL disc. Originally I had the spinning cursor problem but disabling Legacy USB Support in the BIOS fixed this.

Now however the Chameleon bootloader is freezing at the OS selection menu. F8 doesn't work, the OS doesn't load and I can't enter any commands. This happens both with Chameleon on my HD and when I try and boot from the original Darwin bootloader I used to install from the retail disc.

I'm downloading Ubuntu right now to see if I can boot from that. Aside from that I am out of ideas. This is my work computer and I really need to get some stuff done! I am on the verge of going to buy an iMac!

My system specs are in my signature. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Help! I have been happily running 10.6.2 since February or so, everything working great. Then yesterday I found my screen had gone blank and I was forced to do a hard reboot. I haven't made any changes to my system.

Since then I haven't been able to boot, either into my OSX install or from the retail SL disc. Originally I had the spinning cursor problem but disabling Legacy USB Support in the BIOS fixed this.

Now however the Chameleon bootloader is freezing at the OS selection menu. F8 doesn't work, the OS doesn't load and I can't enter any commands. This happens both with Chameleon on my HD and when I try and boot from the original Darwin bootloader I used to install from the retail disc.

I'm downloading Ubuntu right now to see if I can boot from that. Aside from that I am out of ideas. This is my work computer and I really need to get some stuff done! I am on the verge of going to buy an iMac!

My system specs are in my signature. Any suggestions much appreciated.

try to disable usb COMPLETELY in bios and try to boot