Random Kernel Panics

Play

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a problem with my hackintosh. These are the specs of my computer:

MB: MSI P965 NEO-F

GPU: HD4850

CPU: E6300

RAM: 2GB Kingston ValueRAM

I get randomly kernel panics. Often when I watch TV, but it doesn´t matter if I watch it with EyeTV or in Safari. So when I watch TV it doesn´t take long time till I get a kernel panic.

I already reinstalled the OS, but nothing changed. Also it already was working with an older installation without kernel panics. Could it be, that my new DVB-C TV-Card cause this, although it also happens, when I don´t us EyeTV?

Thanks in advance.

I made a memory and a CPU stress test without an error. I also reinstalled EyeTV, but without any succes. So what could be the problem?

As long as I´m not doing anything at the computer it doesn´t get a kernel panic. But it sometimes gets a kernel panic, when I´m just using Safari.

Hi there !

It is possible that EyeTV uses some kernel extensions that might not be supported by your PC.

Or does some also operations that your Kernel can't handle/support

My best advice would be to change DVB sticks because maybe it could work better like that. Officially,

i don't really know for sure what is causing your kernel panics.

Sincerely,

MasterHunterHD

PS: You can still PM me if you need some extra help !

Thanks for the reply :) My Cinergy DVB-C stick is officially supported for EyeTV, so I think this isn´t a problem?

But also when I´m not using EyeTV I get kernel panics, but not so fast. Would it be helpful to see a screen of the kernel panic log?

-Play

edit: When I´m repairing the permissions I have the feeling that it takes longer till I get a kernel panic, but it also could be just imagination :D

Thanks for the reply :D My Cinergy DVB-C stick is officially supported for EyeTV, so I think this isn´t a problem?

But also when I´m not using EyeTV I get kernel panics, but not so fast. Would it be helpful to see a screen of the kernel panic log?

-Play

edit: When I´m repairing the permissions I have the feeling that it takes longer till I get a kernel panic, but it also could be just imagination :D

Yes, it could help :D But unfortunately i wont be able to help you at this point...

Good Luck !

PS : if you need other help for something else feel free to PM me ! :angel: