Hackintosh Build with Gigabyte-X58A-UD5

5 posts in this topic

I opened this topic because of the lack I found of centralized informationand support for the Gigabyte-X58A-UD5 Motherboard 3.0 USB 6 GB/s SATA. Who ever has this mobo or is intending on buying it...please share your knowledge with all of us so we can build better support for it, not just for me but for alot of people who have bought it and are scattered all over the place asking questions about it without satisfactory answers.

This is my current planned build:

Gigabyte-X58A-UD5 Motherboard

Core-i7 930

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 Graphics Card (Already Bought)

G.Skill 6 GB RAM @1600

Please provide thoughts on ANY of the parts above or YOUR own builds that include a Gigabyte-X58A-UD5 Motherboard. Through my searches I found some had success with the KakeWalk method posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195248

I don't want to buy this board with a blind eye, and I'm sure none of you either. So we can all try to work together to get the info we need and provide it to others.

I will update this Topic with my findings and if I do go with the board, I will post how it went. Thanks in Advance to all who will contribute. Elaborate.... ;):(

• 1 month later...
Essentially, I built it - first hackintosh. Runs rock solid, 24/7. Go for it and enjoy! :(

Thanks a lot for the reassurance. It definitely helps hehe. Would you happen to know which tutorial or guide you used to build it? And are you using it with 10.6.4? Thank you very much again.

• 3 months later...