IDE dvd Drive issues with Asrock x58 extreme 3 motherboard

2 posts in this topic

Yes i have got just about everything working on my hackintosh, from graphics to audio, but i cant seem to get my dvd burner to read. Only reason i used an IDE burner is because i had it laying around the house already. I have tried the jmicron kext and appleata kext forgot the names of them. But i cannot for the life of me get OSX to detect my burner.. Also and this has nothing to do with the ide drive, but how do i get activity monitor to show all 4 cores?

• 3 months later...
Yes i have got just about everything working on my hackintosh, from graphics to audio, but i cant seem to get my dvd burner to read. Only reason i used an IDE burner is because i had it laying around the house already. I have tried the jmicron kext and appleata kext forgot the names of them. But i cannot for the life of me get OSX to detect my burner.. Also and this has nothing to do with the ide drive, but how do i get activity monitor to show all 4 cores?

Hey,

I have an asrock extreme 3 motherboard to.

A friend of mine pre installed mac os x for me on my ide disk.

he has it working for his computer.(But for mine he did not install any drivers so i could do that later) just the mac os x install.

The problem is.

I have a IATKOS boot loader. And i can see 2 partitions when i use that to boot load my disc.

I can see mac instalation files. and pre installed mac os x.

Problem is. When i click on both of them. It doese not run. It stays loading and then a fail button occurs.

I cannot change my bios settings to AHCI cause it wont recognize my dvd player.

or at least it doese not boot.

How did you do it? I have both an ide/sata disk drive.

What kind of bios settings did you had?