Sonnet Presto GE1000-E not recognized by MB

audio geek

2 posts in this topic

After seeing this work with Bonjour and then being dropped on restart, I realized that this NIC is not being recognized by the BIOS. The NIC is recognized by OS 10.5.8 only when during BIOS posting you will see a message posted by the Sonnet card to enter it's utility. When the BIOS does not post this Sonnet message, the OS does not see the card.

Then you reset BIOS CMOS and you are back in bussiness for 1 to maybe 5 restarts.

It's strange. It seems something happens to the BIOS upon entering the OS to keep the MB from seeing the card.

IRQ Conflict maybe?

OS corrupting the BIOS?

Do any Wizards have any idea?

BTW I am using realtek R1000 kext.

• 3 months later...
After seeing this work with Bonjour and then being dropped on restart, I realized that this NIC is not being recognized by the BIOS. The NIC is recognized by OS 10.5.8 only when during BIOS posting you will see a message posted by the Sonnet card to enter it's utility. When the BIOS does not post this Sonnet message, the OS does not see the card.

Then you reset BIOS CMOS and you are back in bussiness for 1 to maybe 5 restarts.

It's strange. It seems something happens to the BIOS upon entering the OS to keep the MB from seeing the card.

IRQ Conflict maybe?

OS corrupting the BIOS?

Do any Wizards have any idea?

BTW I am using realtek R1000 kext.

I'm interested in this.

Did you get this fully working?