need a sticky on what to do when everything works.

chinoy

2 posts in this topic

A sticky explaining the best backup method to use once you have everything working would be a big help.

Ive scrounged the net and not found any real answers.

First time I used Time Machine to backup to a USB HDD

Second Time I have used CC Cloner to backup to an external USB HDD.

My External USB has other files on it. CC Cloner will backup everything but when you got to restore I dont think it allows you to pick only your backuped up files.

Ive installed OSX 10.5.6 twice each time took over a week to get everything working

Well Sleep / Shutdown and speed step are still iffey.

So if the great minds that reside on this forum could come up with a post install sticky that is bullet proof and easy to restore it would be a big help to all of us.

Time Machine works flawlessly for me. I think you need to get another Hard drive just to use for your backup alone. That's what I do. I use a universal usb Hard drive interface.

1) boot from OSX-86 10.5x install disc (backup drive must be connected at boot)

2) @ installer prompt click utilities, restore from backup and choose your backup drive. Choose your target drive to restore to......Click restore

3) after restore, click restart. Leave DVD install disc in drive for first boot because Time machine will NOT restore your boot loader.

4) after first boot, Install bootloader and fix permissions. ( in my case Chameleon)

Piece of cake!

Your right though, A sticky Tutorial would be good for first timers. I had to do a lot of searching to figure it out.....I wish I had enough time to make a tutorial.