Sony Vaio and mac osx

3 posts in this topic

I was just wandering if anyone knows the easiest method to install 10.5 or 10.6 onto a Sony Vaio- VGN-NR498e

I put Kalyway 10.5.2(vanilla Kernal) on it and video didn't work at first, after reading some forums I believe I used advanced boot options with some sort of resolution command. It worked after that. But still no ethernet, no full resolution, and no wireless internet. I know that other people have gotten this to work on their Sony Vaio VGN-NR498e but haven't found an in-depth forum on the installation. Could someone help me out. First I need to know what is easier for this laptop, Leopard, or Snow leopard. Then maybe a step by step what to do to get it installed please. Thanks in advance, By the way this is my sixth post in a week and not one person has replied to any of my posts. From what I can tell everyone is usually helpful, Maybe I just slipped through the cracks.

Well I have looked on thes forums for numerous solutions to my problem. i have found a few different things to try but have failed so far. I Installed Switch rex and configured the resolution to 1280x800 but it says not installed when i restart. Then I tried some kexts that i got off of another forum and tried installing them with osx 86 tools. There were a total of 5 gmx3100 kexts I needed to install supposedly. After the installation of the third kext my computer restarted itself and i booted to a blue screen. i am re-installing as we speak (or type). Any suggestions would be helpful. Do people even read these posts i have had no responses for days Thanks in Advance

Hi,

i want to install OSX on my Vaio VGN-NW11S/S

My system

Sony Vaio VGN-NW11S/S

CPU: Intel Core Duo T6500 / 2,10 GHz

Display: 15,5 "

Graphic: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

RAM: 4 GB

HD: 320 GB

I boot from 132-BootCD and inser the OSX-CD. Than i do F5 with -v -x and the installation starts. After restart the display is black!

Can someone give me the right image or an exact howto to fix this or install OSX?

Greetings from germany