How Can I Delete My Entire Bluetooth History Quickly?

2 posts in this topic

I know that I can manually go through them one at a time and delete them, but I want to delete them all at the same time. The reason is because for some reason my bluetooth history spawns hundreds of random devices (20 or 30 every reboot), all of them "not connected", and with some random address like "00-23-36-90-00-20" etc, and it seems to make it difficult for my Magic Mouse to connect properly. Its not caused by the magic mouse, because even with it off, it generates about 20-30 on reboot.

I will upload a picture later.

I was hoping that there would be a file that I could quickly edit instead of having to sit here for an hour and manually delete these :(

Samsung N310

Everything else functioning perfectly

• 1 month later...
I know that I can manually go through them one at a time and delete them, but I want to delete them all at the same time. The reason is because for some reason my bluetooth history spawns hundreds of random devices (20 or 30 every reboot), all of them "not connected", and with some random address like "00-23-36-90-00-20" etc, and it seems to make it difficult for my Magic Mouse to connect properly. Its not caused by the magic mouse, because even with it off, it generates about 20-30 on reboot.

I will upload a picture later.

I was hoping that there would be a file that I could quickly edit instead of having to sit here for an hour and manually delete these :)

Samsung N310

Everything else functioning perfectly

You can delete or edit the plist file for bluetooth. The path is /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.

Good Luck!