Installing 10.6 on a HP HDX 16, then using iAtkos v7 to become compatible

3 posts in this topic

Alright, so I already have Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 running on my spare Dell Inspiron E1505. I used iAtkos v7 to get 10.5.7 running, then I jumped to 10.5.8. I could never boot into the then newly updated 10.5.8, so I used iAtkos v7 to get back my kernel, kexts and so forth. It now works fantastic.

A while before that, I tried installing Snow Leopard, and while it installed it became horrendously incompatible with most of my hardware. I was wondering, could I use the same method I used to jump to 10.5.8 installing Snow Leopard on my HP HDX 16 with a new partition? This means I basically would install Snow Leopard, then use the iAtkos v7 disk to install only the kexts and fixes, and not the main system itself, thus making everything compatible.

Also, does anyone know if my battery management will be okay? I'm thinking about buying a new 12 cell battery for my HDX and I don't want it to have the same battery problems like my Inspiron currently does.

I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong board topic, mods please move if possible.

I also have a e1505 and I pretty much got snow leopard running with the exception of the random shut down notice issue I have (see my thread for more info) I used a disc called "SnowLeo for Mac OSX86" Everything needed to get the system running is on that disc. I dont have bluetooth running on my unit but aside from that and my resolution being stuck as 1024X768 everything else, hardware wise works. Give it a shot and maybe you might be able to figure something out.

UPDATE!!

You can use your iATKOS disc but ONLY for kexts and patches (...granted I did not try every patch). Whatever you do do not use the iATKOS disc to replace your kernel. You will end up with an instant Kernel Panic.