Intel 965 GMA X3100

3 posts in this topic

So I finally got a vanilla install of snow leopard on my laptop. So far everything that I am worried about is working great except my graphics card. I can not get anything to work. I either get just a black screen or 1024x768 without QE / CI working. Most of the stuff that I have found seems to be related to 10.5. I tried some of the dsdt stuff but I am not sure if I did any of that right.

Dell Vostro 1500

Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz

4Gb of ram

Intel 965 GMA X3100

15 inch Widescreen wxvga 1680x1050

This is my last thing that I need to work.

Thanks

So I finally got a vanilla install of snow leopard on my laptop. So far everything that I am worried about is working great except my graphics card. I can not get anything to work. I either get just a black screen or 1024x768 without QE / CI working. Most of the stuff that I have found seems to be related to 10.5. I tried some of the dsdt stuff but I am not sure if I did any of that right.

Dell Vostro 1500

Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz

4Gb of ram

Intel 965 GMA X3100

15 inch Widescreen wxvga 1680x1050

This is my last thing that I need to work.

Thanks

Hi there maybe we can help each other I'm emailing you from my xps m1330 with the same video card but no luck on the sound ok here is how I got mine to work with out having to plug into a monitor you will have to down load the sleep app ( google it ) put in in your apps file open it after that open desktop & screen saver in system preference setup hot corner (pick one corner) set it to put display to sleep. . How open accounts in system preference and open login items and add the sleep app to open on startup. Now you can restart your computer and you wont have to plug in your monitor. Just move your mouse to what ever corner you set to sleep display and your display will open.

Here is the link http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26234/sleep-display

Hi there maybe we can help each other I'm emailing you from my xps m1330 with the same video card but no luck on the sound ok here is how I got mine to work with out having to plug into a monitor you will have to down load the sleep app ( google it ) put in in your apps file open it after that open desktop & screen saver in system preference setup hot corner (pick one corner) set it to put display to sleep. . How open accounts in system preference and open login items and add the sleep app to open on startup. Now you can restart your computer and you wont have to plug in your monitor. Just move your mouse to what ever corner you set to sleep display and your display will open.

Here is the link http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26234/sleep-display

This does not work for me either. The only way I can get a black screen is if I have the proper system kext from 10.6.2 update installed other then that I just get 1024x768 vesa with no kext loaded. When I do get the black screen the laptop monitor is completely off and if I plug in an external monitor it thinks it is a secondary desktop so I can't do anything from there. I am at a loss. I had so many problems getting the monitor to work with 10.5 and I never could get full 1680x1050 res the best I ever did was 1600x1000 but I did have QE/CI working which is more important to me.

Regarding sound I just used voodooHDA and everything works fine.