[HELP]Please help me with 10.4.6 HotIso

G0DMaPhIa

9 posts in this topic

Hi there... i've downloaded the 10.4.6 HotISo release... I installed it properly, with these patches:

-Combo update

-Amd.BaseSystem

-Amd.SSE2

-Amd.SSE3

-10.4.6.SemJaza.V1.2.AMD.Decrypts

After the install i get some errors in verbose mode, a kernel panic error about Appleairport i think... tomorrow i will post a screen.

I tried install it on a Notebook based on:

-AMD Athlon64 Mobile 3400+ (supports SSE2, SSE3)

-Ati X700 Radeon Mobility 128MB

-1GB ram

-Motherboard with VIA chip (northbridge, southbridge)

-Broadcom Wireless 802,11 g

Have I selected the correct patches?? Do I have to select only Amd.SSE3 or even Amd.SSE2 as I did?

Please help me i'm getting fool :gathering::D

p.s. Sorry for my bad English :)

i've just finished an other install but with these patches:

-Combo update

-Amd.BaseSystem

-Amd.SSE3

-10.4.6.SemJaza.V1.2.AMD.Decrypts

So without Amd.SSE2... the first time the system booted, but after few minutes it has freezed, and after the reboot the system doesn't boot anymore with the same kernel panic error... i was also able to get in safe mode the first time, but it freezes again and when i retried after the reboot it gives me the same error... i can only acces in single user mode :) tomorrow i will post a screen..

Go into the bios, set it with the default values, deactivates any peripherals like serial ports, parallel port, soundcard, etc ...

if that work, just re activates all peripherals one by one ...

i can't change my BIOS configuration, because my notebook has a limited BIOS that allow only to change boot sequence or other little things... The problem is that macosx10.4.3 worked perfect for me, but too slow because my dvd image didn't have Amd patches to allow SSE3 etc.. What can i do?? The problem is also that sometimes the system boots, but it freezes in few minutes...

Isn't the Combo Update for Intel only? I don't have my DVD handy right now to check.

Anyways, I would try with AMD SSE2 only instead of SSE3.

I have installed this version on 3 different Intel systems. All work fine. One thing you may have to do is remove all of the ATI kexts from System/Library/Extensions and reboot. I had to do this on 1 system I have here, everything is fine after that.

no, combo update is even for Amd users.. if i don't install it, the mac remains a 10.4.4... how can i delete extensions from -s mode? i don't know the command... if i try to do a diskutil repairpermissions / from -s mode, the notebook freeze and i need to reboot again... i don't know what to do :D