the future way to do it

sunuvabeach

2 posts in this topic

i hope someone is working on or at least sees this suggestion to consider it, as a better way to get a pc-osx install.

1- an equivelant of boot camp- a boot loader that (like boot camp) makes the bios apear/work as the apple EFI.

2- a virtualization for OSX in windows/linux like paralells or vpc.

these would both allow you to use your own intel-osx dvd installer w/out patching.

updates would work normaly-w/out patches.

much easier for more poeple to do.

i was hoping pear pc or cherry os would try doing the virtualization on osx-x86. it seems pearpc is only concerned w/ PPC emulation. and i guess cherry os died(probably b/c they were ripping off pear).

anyone know of anything like this in developement?

id like this thread to continue discussing the subject, see if it goes anywhere.

hoping maybe the coders that curently work on the curent projects would try going this route.

The way I understand it, BIOS (and EFI) both initialized hardware and determine specifications like memory addressing and interupts. The reason why Windows XP wouldnt work on EFI was that not only was it not capable of being booted using OS X's EFI bootloader, but also that it wouldnt know what to do with the firmware data being passed to it under the EFI specification. However, I dont see any reason why one couldnt translate BIOS device structures into EFI-compatible structures in something like a bootloader. It might be worth looking into.