Screen saver issue: doesn't load

microlomaniac

2 posts in this topic

Hey everybody.

I have OSX 10.4.6 running natively with QE and CI, no problem so far. Just one: The screen saver doesn't work.

When I select "test" from the screen saver SysPrefs, the specific SS loads successfully. But when the SS should load up, after the set 5 minutes, the screen just freezes in actual state. When I move the mouse then, or press a key, the screen dims half a second, comes back again, and everything's fine. So the system doesn't hang, but the SS just won't load.

Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...
Hey everybody.

I have OSX 10.4.6 running natively with QE and CI, no problem so far. Just one: The screen saver doesn't work.

When I select "test" from the screen saver SysPrefs, the specific SS loads successfully. But when the SS should load up, after the set 5 minutes, the screen just freezes in actual state. When I move the mouse then, or press a key, the screen dims half a second, comes back again, and everything's fine. So the system doesn't hang, but the SS just won't load.

Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.

GARH!!!.... I have the exact same issue!!!... If you figure out how to get it working please let me know!!!