HP IDE Hard Drive not recognized

jud420

2 posts in this topic

I'm experiencing an odd issue with my 10.6 installation recognizing my hard drive.

I have an HP zd7000 laptop. If I boot up with my old 10.5.x iATKOS v7 dvd, the installation starts up, and recognizes my IDE hard drive just fine. But, when the SL installer starts, nothing is listed in Disk Util but my USB drive (which contains the SL installation).

Some things I've tried already:

* I've used several different versions of Empire EFI to boot my system before starting the installation. No luck there.

* Using an existing SL installation, I restored a retail SL installation DVD to a thumb drive. I installed chameleon 2.0 rc4 to the drive. In the Extra/Extensions folder, I have the following kexts:

AppleATIATA

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

AppleNForceATA.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyJM836xSATA.kext

AppleATIATA.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

fakesmc.kext

AHCIPortInjector.kext

When I boot from the USB drive, chameleon comes up but does not show my hard drive (currently formatted with the iATKOS dvd as GUID, Mac OS X (Journaled)), and only shows the USB drive. When I boot the USB drive, the installation starts, the system picks up the rest of the hard ware (my wireless, laptop battery info, etc) but does not see a hard drive in the laptop. The only thing listed in Disk Utility is the USB drive containing the installation.

Are there any other methods I could try in order to get the hard drive to show up?

Thanks

• 11 months later...