GMA950 but no 915

5 posts in this topic

I have an Acer Aspire 5610. It has Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. I installed by dd-ing the deadmoo vmware image, hence I have 10.4.1. The Darwin bootloader recognizes the type and says it supports VESA 3, but says only 7Mb Video RAM, regardless what I do in the BIOS. ?video shows a maximum of 1024x768x32. Isn't GMD950 supposed to be natively supported? How do I do it? (or why can't I?). Thanks. --Josh

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.122

502MB memory

VESA v3.0 7MB (Intel® 82945GM Chipset Family Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS)

Then (with -v)

GFX0: family specific matching fails

gma950 onboard only supports 8mb of ram for allocations. That's just the way it is. It can access more once it's initialized properly. 8mb of ram and vesa 3 can only manage 1024x768x32. You'll have to get GMA950 support in OS X.

not sure that there are 950 drivers for the deadmoo image. I belive only 915. Though you may get to activate them by changing the info on the info.plist files in the appropiate kexts. ( cant remember exacly which ones though... use search)

not sure that there are 950 drivers for the deadmoo image. I belive only 915. Though you may get to activate them by changing the info on the info.plist files in the appropiate kexts. ( cant remember exacly which ones though... use search)

Tried that. Modified 915 kexts, but get hung on blue screen when loading login window. If I omit AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext then in addition to the family specific ... messages, it hangs (witn -v) on: GFX0: vram [c0000000:10000000].

Any ideas?