D-Link DWL-G122 (rev E1)

QuadMachine

11 posts in this topic

I just bought D-Link DWL-G122(rev E1) because I heard it works well on OSX, however it only works through Ralink Wireless Utility, and System Preferences->Network-> recognizes it as another Ethernet card.

See the image >>

20100414-dq89ag4fnddmn5cwgxqfdbspt2.jpg

So I'm wondering, which USB WLAN card to buy, so it works and acts like the original AirPort, or can I get this one to work properly? I mean it works now using Raling Wireless Utility, but it is useless because I cannot share internet access from my Ethernet to it.

Any ideas?

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the same for an Acer Aspire One ZG5 running Snow Leopard 10.6.1

But I can't get it to work at all.

Can you please help me?

I read dozens of pages and tried all the Ralink drivers I could find but none work.

No network interface, no KISMAC, nothing!

Any help and working drivers would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kim Ciobanu

Download this and install it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/379569013/D-Li...S-10.6.zip.html

Then reboot. And then connect you USB WLAN (don't connect the USB WLAN before you install this...). That works for me.

cheers!

I just bought D-Link DWL-G122(rev E1) because I heard it works well on OSX, however it only works through Ralink Wireless Utility, and System Preferences->Network-> recognizes it as another Ethernet card.

See the image >>

So I'm wondering, which USB WLAN card to buy, so it works and acts like the original AirPort, or can I get this one to work properly? I mean it works now using Raling Wireless Utility, but it is useless because I cannot share internet access from my Ethernet to it.

Any ideas?

cheers!

I don't think any USB wireless key are recognized as airport, unless if apple made one, which would of course be ultra expensive...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Download this and install it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/379569013/D-Li...S-10.6.zip.html

Then reboot. And then connect you USB WLAN (don't connect the USB WLAN before you install this...). That works for me.

cheers!

Hello,

Could you upload the file again plz ? The link is dead.

I just bought the card today and I don't find the drivers other else !

Big thanks.

Florent

• 1 month later...
Hi

I works for me with this driver: http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

USB(RT257X/RT2671/RT2500)

On a MBP with OS 10.5.8

Ole

Hello I bought a D-link DWL-G122 (rev.E1) USB stick, I installed your linked wlan utility, and after the OS restarted, the utility says me no device connected.

I tryed meny more wirelless lan utility but all says me "no device!!" connected.

Sorry for my horrible english.

Specs: HP nc8430 CPU: C2D T5600 1Gb RAM 150Gb HDD mobility x1600 iATKOS v7 works well but I need my wifi connection :unsure:

See the image >>

Any ideas?

cheers!

witch utility do use?

send me a link please

• 9 months later...
Hello I bought a D-link DWL-G122 (rev.E1) USB stick, I installed your linked wlan utility, and after the OS restarted, the utility says me no device connected.

I tryed meny more wirelless lan utility but all says me "no device!!" connected.

Sorry for my horrible english.

Specs: HP nc8430 CPU: C2D T5600 1Gb RAM 150Gb HDD mobility x1600 iATKOS v7 works well but I need my wifi connection :(

witch utility do use?

send me a link please

just a late update. I use the 2.3.3 driver on osx 10.4.11.

Everything works, but the card is not activated at restart or wake-up from sleep.

I solved with the following applescript, saved as an application and placed among the startup items

No problem since

tell application "System Preferences"

reveal (pane id "com.apple.preference.trackpad")

end tell

hope this can be of help

DWL_G122_E1_for_MAC_driver_V2.3.3.0.dmg