Success! Now to optimize

3 posts in this topic

I have got osX 10.4.6 running on an asus TERMINATOR Model: P4SC …I’m wondering about the onboard hardware, i.e. the LAN and AC’97…are these too windows depended on run on mac? I don’t think so, as I once had a version of KNOPPIX (sorry, I don’t remember which build) working with these components…also I have a X-Micro WLAN 11g USB Adapter (XWL-11GUZX) that is visible in the USB device chain, but I don’t have any mac software for it, as the manufacturer doesn’t support mac… is it possible to alter the USB wireless G LAN NETCORE driver, or an equivalent? Some positive news is that my Kingston USB drive is natively read/write, very handy for moving stuff around until I get the net up…

• 5 weeks later...

Uh, you don't need to use a usb drive for moving stuff around, ASUS Terminator comes with Firewire, simply buy a firewire cable and hook up to your other machine (the one with internet connection), and you'll have internet for the terminator.

• 3 years later...
I have got osX 10.4.6 running on an asus TERMINATOR Model: P4SC …I’m wondering about the onboard hardware, i.e. the LAN and AC’97…are these too windows depended on run on mac? I don’t think so, as I once had a version of KNOPPIX (sorry, I don’t remember which build) working with these components…also I have a X-Micro WLAN 11g USB Adapter (XWL-11GUZX) that is visible in the USB device chain, but I don’t have any mac software for it, as the manufacturer doesn’t support mac… is it possible to alter the USB wireless G LAN NETCORE driver, or an equivalent? Some positive news is that my Kingston USB drive is natively read/write, very handy for moving stuff around until I get the net up…

i've the same problem of the x-micro wlan, do you have any solution?????

i don't understand the answer up...