"Put the hard disk to sleep when possible"

zorro23

1 post in this topic

A month ago I've built my first Hackintosh with Asus P5B SE motherboard, 2GB RAM, 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo and GeForce 9600GT 1GB. Even this is old motherboard, this was huge refreshment for me, since my previous Mac was almost ten years old PowerMac G4.

I installed Retail Snow Leopard 10.6, with instructions from MacLoader_SL_0.4 package, and after that i applied 10.6.2 combo update.

With few additional kexts everything was working except Sleep function and TV-Out.

Few days ago I updated to 10.6.3, I had to update sleepenabler (sleep function still doesn't work), and now going to restart is much faster (almost instant) and TV-Out (S-video) is working.

I use this kexts:

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

CPUi_snow.kext

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

Nvenabler 64.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

One more thing that isn't functional on my system is option from Energy Saver pane - "Put the hard disk to sleep when possible", even this option is turned on. I have four hard disks, Hackintosh is always powered on, but most of the time I need only one disk to actually spin - hard disk containg OS, which is the same one the stuff from internet are being downloaded on to, other three could go to sleep mode, but they refuse to spin down. Does anybody have advice what should I try to do to have this option functional?

Regards...