[Help] 8600m gt

ferroch85

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've a 8600m gt 256mb and Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I tried a lot of installations for the drivers of my video card but every time I installed the drivers the system shutdown/reeboot stop to go. In that case I need to press the power button to turn off my notebook.

The question is: does exist a way to install the drivers (so also QE/CI) and fix the reboot problem?

Thank's

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Asus G2S.

I'm running with 64 Bits kernel.

Every thing is fine except the graphic card 8600M GT.

QE/CI do not work.

I try EFI string, injecter....

Could you please provide us a really simple solution which works .

I need it to edit video so without QE/CI my hackintosh is useless.

Hi guys,

here is my first success .

You need chameleon RC4.

Modify your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist like that

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>y</string>

</dict>

</plist>

It works but hangs when connecting my HDTV with HDMI.

I will try NVEnabler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I guy,

I have spent too much time to get QE/CI working for my 8600M GT on my Asus G2S Laptop (more than 20 hours reading forums and trying things).

So here is the situation:

- Retailed snow leopard install

- 10.6.4 combo update + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.1.3 for kext and chameleon 2.0 RC4 by AsereBLN v1.1.9

- x64 boot kernel and system

- NVDANV50Hal.kext is executed and loaded (information found into /var/log/kernel.log

- My 8600M GT is partially installed because it appears in Graphics System Information panel as I get no QE/CI I am not able to use video tools (the aim of my hachintosh install). My desktop is displayed in 1024*768

- My /Extra/com.boot.plist contains nothings special

If I try to add these boot flag at chameleon prompt : “-v GraphicsEnabler=yes” , I see nothing different in the startup lines, and I get a sticky black screen before desktop&background display

If I try to add these boot flag at chameleon prompt : “-v GraphicsEnabler=yes PciRoot=1” , I see nothing different in the startup lines, and I get a sticky black screen before desktop&background display.

If I replace 10.6.4 NVIDIA kexts to 10.6.1 kexts, my desktop is displayed in 1024*768 and no QE/CI

If I replace 10.6.4 NVIDIA kexts to 10.6.1 kexts and add these boot flag at chameleon prompt : “-v GraphicsEnabler=yes” , I see nothing different in the startup lines, and I get a sticky blue screen before desktop&background display

So what ?

Please help me if you have a 8600M GT !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...