Enable both Cores

MacSac

4 posts in this topic

Hi

iDeneb v1.5.1 (OS X Leopard 10.5.7) installation - everything works fine except I have to boot with cpus=1 and OS X only sees one CPU, which means slow performance.

I read about patching your DSDT to resolve this but apparently you do not need 'DSDT.aml' in your root folder anymore after 10.5.6. I used DSDT patcher 1.0.1e, put the dsdt.aml in the root and rebooted, but no joy.

System reboots as soon as i reach the Chameleon boot screen, unless i enter 'cpus=1'.

Please help, i've searched and tried to figure this out, but i am stuck.

Core2Duo 2.0 ghz; Asus P5LD2 SE motherboard. Vanilla kernel.

Thanks very much

The message that flashes on the Chameleon screen before the computer restarts when i don't enter 'cpus=1' is efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata

Any help most appreciated! :unsure:

your problem is a common thing. it is not enough to create dsdt - you have to patch it. search for the dsdtse tool and use this searchengine for solutions http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00948655...297:e41g72sr-ba

also I would do a retail install - this might be a solution as well.

Thanks, peach-os. I opened my DSDT in the dsdtse tool by ev0sx86.

The fix i've read a few times and that the dsdtse tool suggests to remedy the cpus=1 problem doesn't work for me - because what they suggest is not present in my dsdt (removing the Alias lines where relevant).

i have attached my DSDT.aml if that helps you or anyone else help me further. Thanks!

dsdt.aml.zip

UPDATE: OK so i installed a new kernel - Voodoo Based XNU 980 v2 and this seems to have fixed the problem!

Both cores detected in System Profiler and Activity Monitor - up and running for 20 minutes now and no problems!