[GUIDE] Minimal 64-bit i7 GA-EX58-UD5 Installer 10.6.3

ANARCHiNTOSH

6 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just be aware 10.6.2, AppleHDA v1.8.3fc1 is hardcoded with codecid, so DSDT audio injection will no longer work, Patching the AppleHDA is the only way to solve the issue, LegacyHDA now longer works.

I have hardcoded AppleHDA v1.8.3fc1 with all outputs. it would work on both ALC888 and ALC889a, My kext is hardcoded for ALC888 but all your have to do is edit AppleHDA.kext > Contents > Plugins > AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext > Contents > Info.plist

Change Codec ID and PinConfigs and you'll be good to go.

ALC888 and ALC889a have same port setups, same maps everything.

10.6.3 is the same.

this is great! i am looking forward for this. Will you include a complete, fully working power management?

it will include d00ds UD5 dsdt, which i believe has native power management:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196771

Just be aware 10.6.2, AppleHDA v1.8.3fc1 is hardcoded with codecid, so DSDT audio injection will no longer work, Patching the AppleHDA is the only way to solve the issue, LegacyHDA now longer works.

I have hardcoded AppleHDA v1.8.3fc1 with all outputs. it would work on both ALC888 and ALC889a, My kext is hardcoded for ALC888 but all your have to do is edit AppleHDA.kext > Contents > Plugins > AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext > Contents > Info.plist

Change Codec ID and PinConfigs and you'll be good to go.

ALC888 and ALC889a have same port setups, same maps everything.

10.6.3 is the same.

hmm, the user x.di recently posted a LegacyHDA.kext coded for UD5 10.6.2 that should work, and Ashar1 has published an ALC889a.kext v2 that works after 10.6.2. these require their own respective dsdt entries as well, but i believe it is still possible to get 5.1 without patching AppleHDA.

personally i prefer to patch AppleHDA as it results in superior sound quality (less squeaking) when cranked up to high volumes on an external amp...

its not really noticable otherwise. plus i prefer to use less additional kexts.

i know that the patcher i made patches both HardwareConfigDriver and PlatformDriver AppleHDA plugins. I didnt create the method, heres the original link:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-alc88...surround-t3746/

i believe this is because it patches for 5.1 rather than just stereo?