Any PCI Card Recommendations for Snow Leopard?

5 posts in this topic

Ok. After spending weeks going nuts with Chameleon, EFI Strings, NVInject, NVkush, Natit and NVEnabler I am giving up trying to get my PCI GeForce 6200 working in 10.6.1 with QE/CI. (unaccelerated works fine).

I need to get a 256MB or more PCI Nvidia card that will work QE/CI in Snow Leopard. I cant use PCIE because I only have a x1 slot and I dont want to spend that much money on a Quadro NVS. Heck I am even willing to go with a ATI card <shudder> if it PCI and does QE/CI.

I have researched the forums and the HCL and the interwebs and am just looking for any user experiences here since this is the place to go for the info. I realize that mileage may vary on getting cards up and running, i just want to avoid buying one that wont work.

thank you for all your input.

the 6200 pci worked in leo, i dont know about snow leo tho, dont have thay mach no more

yeah. it work great in Leopard. Both EFI Strings and NVinject work fine and give full QE/CI. Snow Leopard is no go though. NVInject will give full resoultion but no QE/CI. EFI Strings causes blue/gray flashing screen at login window (no desktop). When I boot with -x -v -f the desktop will load full res with EFI strings but since QE/ci is disabled on safe boot it seems this may be what is causing the issue.

I have one PCIE x1 slot...useless as they are any cards I can find so I need a supported at least in theory PCI card for Snow Leopard that will do QE/CI. I do a ton of video work and its kind of a show stopper without.

• 5 months later...

so, no PCI cards for snow leopard? Is that the final word on it?

Too bad! I have a machine that has only PCI slots. No Express ones. I even bough the FX5500 for it, only to find out it only worked with Leo.

Maybe I'll have to stick with Leo on that one.