XPS M1530 and iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite Edition

4 posts in this topic

Here is the signaficant specs that you need to know;

8600m gt

intel 1505 draft n wireless

marvell yukon ethernet

no bluetooth (so no questions about that)

sigmatel audio 9228 (as usual), I actuallly also have sound blaster x-FI external sound card but hey screw it

History

This laptop as you guys know quite compatible with osx86s, I was successfully installed kalyway 10.5.2 before.

Just screwed my ideneb 10.5.7 installation. So decided to give this 10.5.8 lite editon a go.

on 10.5.7 (upgraded from 10.5.6) all of a sudden after a `sleep` try, computer started TALKING, haha yea the speech thing, and i couldn't disable it it was so freaking annoying.

I am also dying to make mirror dual screen thingy to work, i have 22' dell monitor, and i just have to have it, for Xcode's sake :)

What doesn't work after the installation;

DVD-rom eject button don't care that much, can click on eject right lol.

Sleep/Restart/Shutdown (as usual, which we can live without)

Everything else works fine

HEHE finally I was able to do DUAL SCREEN, with my 22 inch dell monitor, extended the screens, external monitor being the main one.

So far I'd definitely SUGGEST this distro over every other one. This definitely better than iDeneb 10.5.6 and 10.5.7.

Also need to say that System is working faster then it was on 10.5.7 and 10.5.6.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, thanks for your report!

i am a totaly newbie on this, but i installed ideneb 10.5.6, updated to 10.5.7 and then updatet to 10.5.8.

it works fine for me, only the wifi and ethernet isnt running. Sound works great, except the HDMI.

Does anybody know how to enable this feature? (Video+Audio via HDMI)

I also cannot shut down or restart, but that doesnt matter^^

Hope you can help me :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
I'm also a n00b and currently looking for a descent 13-15inch dell laptop for photoshop and some video on the go.

From what I'm reading the 1530 is pretty well liked for running snow leopard?

Had some problems with muse and keyboard working initialy, the thing is, you need to not use any of the voodo stuff...