Dell bios modding is here

6 posts in this topic

Since now is possible to split,unpack and repack dell bioses maybe we can start to make things better.

Fix DSDT,enable HPET and AHCI mode,This will let run dual core native without patch or tscsync and improve overall compatibility.

My skills is not enough for me to do that,but there are some persons who can do that.

I'm not even sure if I do right until now,but you can take a look at extracted and unpacked modules from E1705

01-10-15.bin from unpacked is DSDT (except few bytes what need to be removed from begining of file) I decompiled with asl and seems to be ok.

Except that what I now now there are 2 modules which seems to be something about network boot,maybe somehow they can be replaced with some kind of loader.

If anybody with knowledge in bios reversing can tell me what are the others module.

For a clear understanding

extracted -crypted modules from bios

unpacked -decrypted modules from bios

I'm trying to mod my DSDT in bios then recompose bios and flash it to my Inspiron 9400.

Owners of 9400 E1705 M1710 M90 can you post what dsdt patches works best?

Since is original bios dsdt I need to insert all method necessary.

To be more like mac what you recommend to put in descriptions header?

* Original Table Header:

* Signature "DSDT"

* Length 0x00004841 (18497)

* Revision 0x01 **** ACPI 1.0, no 64-bit math support

* Checksum 0x78

* OEM ID "INT430"

* OEM Table ID "SYSFexxx"

* OEM Revision 0x00001001 (4097)

* Compiler ID "INTL"

* Compiler Version 0x20050624 (537200164)

*/

DefinitionBlock ("xxx.aml", "DSDT", 1, "INT430", "SYSFexxx", 0x00001001)

{

Name (VERS, Package (0x03)

{

"Project: DELL D05 ",

"Date: 01/01/2005",

"Ver: 1.00.00"

Waiting your help.

I take DSDT module and add some fix from others DSDT put it back on bios flash it and seems to work.

Seems to work because video part is for nvidia and I have ati,I was hoping will work in any case but there seems to be o a problem since video card are different for each must make another bios with diferent dsdt

Just for proving here is dsdt read from windows.

DSDT.rar

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help from somebody who know asm programming.

I'm trying to insert into bios one pci option rom (replacing the network pxe boot) who can reconfigure southbridge chipset to enable AHCI.

Since in linux there are two patches this one but seems isn't working well for some dells and this one which is reported to be working but the optical unit is not detected,maybe this can be done

• 3 weeks later...
Since now is possible to split,unpack and repack dell bioses maybe we can start to make things better.

Fix DSDT,enable HPET and AHCI mode,This will let run dual core native without patch or tscsync and improve overall compatibility.

My skills is not enough for me to do that,but there are some persons who can do that.

I'm not even sure if I do right until now,but you can take a look at extracted and unpacked modules from E1705

01-10-15.bin from unpacked is DSDT (except few bytes what need to be removed from begining of file) I decompiled with asl and seems to be ok.

Except that what I now now there are 2 modules which seems to be something about network boot,maybe somehow they can be replaced with some kind of loader.

If anybody with knowledge in bios reversing can tell me what are the others module.

For a clear understanding

extracted -crypted modules from bios

unpacked -decrypted modules from bios

Do you have a link for these tools?

• 4 weeks later...