Choppy Dock Animations after New Monitor?

Zanneth

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to a new monitor and for some reason all of my dock animations have been running very choppy. The weird thing is, it appears to only be Dock related animations because Exposé, Spaces, and many other animations seem fine.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with my hardware performance because I have an Nvidia GTX260 that I just upgraded to as well as an overclocked Core2Duo E7200. Furthermore, animations in Windows 7 are very smooth.

Here is a video of the problem, hopefully it captures what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glz2mb_ueY0

Thanks in advance!

I should also note that I sometimes play this game called Heroes of Newerth in Snow Leopard, which is a pretty graphically advanced game, and that seems to run perfectly with no drops in frame rate. And yet, animations in the OS are slow. Any explanations?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably won't help, but have you tried swapping the monitor to the other port on your GTX260?

I have a Core2 / GTX260 / HP3065 setup, and noticed my graphics seemed a bit pokey - video once in a while didn't seem that smooth. Then I installed Dragon Age: Origins and it couldn't get any reasonable frame rate. Swapped to the other video port (closest to MB), and everything seemed fine. I don't remember having that issue in 10.5, and windows doesn't seem to have act differently with different ports.

I have this issue as well, although I have this both on my laptop and home computer and may just be a display or performance issue (although I doubt my home computer would have any performance issues).