Installing kalyway on Gigabyte GA-Ma59 MOBO

sraisaac

3 posts in this topic

Ok let me start by saying i've read countless forum posts and maybe I just haven't read enough but some help would be appreciated. I'll give you all the relevant information you'll need.

I'm trying to install kalyway 10.5.2, currently downloading iPC OSx86 10.5.6 if that will be needed as an alternative

My rig is one I built myself.

MOBO - Gigabyte Ga-M59-sli Rev5 which uses the nvidia nforce 590 chipset.

Video - Ati Radeon 3850

CPU - AMD 2.6 Ghz athlon X2 5200+

it has 2 onboard lan ports which i have disabled in the bios, if that helps any

I've disabled the IDE ports in the bios as well

6 SATA ports. I have 3 Sata Drives connected, 2 are storage. tried running in bios as AHCI and RAID neither has worked for this installation yet.

dvd r/w which is also SATA.

I've tried -v and vanilla at the darwin loader. I get still waiting for root device every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

question: do I need to erase the partition on the drive i plan to install on prior to all this or can the installer just delete and format a current ntfs partition with windows on it?

:FYI i do have a macbook pro and my own copy of leopard

This is what I get

MAC Framework successfllly initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 409 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0s11 Vectors 0:23

ACPI: System State [s0 S4 S5] S0

ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one styel.

mbinit: done

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 804603D3-83D9-36B8-AB8E-11501D1805D6

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass>/key><string ID="1".....blah blah blah

AppleNForceATA: sata phy resent done.

USBF: 0.678 AppleUSB0HCI [0x48800000]: :CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will unloaded across sleep

AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP 55 ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xc000

AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP 55 ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xb800

AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP 55 ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xac00

AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP 55 ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0xa400

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x000000000

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x000000000

IOATAController device blocking bus.

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29,, ASCQ = 0x00

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29,, ASCQ = 0x00

Still waiting for root device

Let me know if theres anymore info you might need.

I'm still reading up on this. Not gonna give up. Its possible that the speed at which I burned this dvd is the cause or its just that my SATA dvd drive just won't work with this. I really wish I had an IDE drive. Though many have posted problems with ide drives as well without solutions.

Burning another disk either way and i'll post the outcome. burning at 2x speed rather than best.

I noticed that its been said that Toast shouldn't be used to burn the disk, if anyone has any comments on that please let me know and if theres a better alternative app.

I've also tested different sata port combinations and no luck there.

The new disk didn't make any difference so it must be the drivers for my Sata DVD drive. Is there any new work around for this that I might have overlooked?

Surely there must be a way to get a SATA drive to read properly without having to revert to buying an IDE DVD drive.