Snow Leopard with ICH9

Steven2k7

1 post in this topic

I have snow leopard installed on my Gigabyte EP35-DS4 which has the ICH9 sata controller. Everything works fine except I can hardly use Disk Utility or about this mac > Serial-ATA. I'm trying to clone one of my hard drives to another drive and everytime I open up disk utility I just get the spinning pinwheel and after about a minute of waiting I can finally click on stuff but I am unable to restore any drive. When I drag and drop a partition in restore nothing happens. Or when I can start the restore, I get an instant error message saying 'could not validate sizes - Operation not permitted'.

I also get a bit of lag when opening up files or a drive. Its almost like the drive spun down and is having to spin back up but it happens constantly and I have power down hard drives disabled in energy saver.

The .kexts I'm using that are sata related are AHCIPortInjector.kext, JMicronATA.kext and IOAHCIBlockSTorageInjector.kext along with a DSDT.aml. I'm running an Intel Core 2 Quad with 6gb of ram.

I used the same setup under Leopard and everything worked fine, anything SATA related is set to AHCI mode. I also have 7 hard drives (all sata) in my computer (2x 250gb, 2x 500gb and 3x 750gb) and a SATA dvd drive.