[SL] CPU Temperature

4 posts in this topic

I have installed Snow Leopard on a Lenovo 3000 N200, but I have a huge problem. My CPU temperature is extremely high, around 98 C and the notebook itself is boiling hot. The fan doesn't start working and after a while my system gets stuck and asks me to push the restart button. I have tried to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and I have installed the IntelSpeedstepper-kext, but that doesn't seem to help. I have also tried to patch the dsdt with dsdt patcher, but that doesn't help either.

It's also strange that when I click About this Mac is see that it's a Unknown 1.93GHz processor, but in fact it is a Intel Pentium Dual T2390 @ 1.86GHz. The chipset is ICH-8.

Any suggestions, because it's really annoying, because the temperature rises from 43 C to 98 C in like 10 minutes, so I can't really work with it now, unless I want to reboot every 5 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry mate. It seems we are all in the same boat - there is no fix for this problem that i know of. Couldn't make the change to OS X because of this.

I have installed Snow Leopard on a Lenovo 3000 N200, but I have a huge problem. My CPU temperature is extremely high, around 98 C and the notebook itself is boiling hot. The fan doesn't start working and after a while my system gets stuck and asks me to push the restart button. I have tried to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and I have installed the IntelSpeedstepper-kext, but that doesn't seem to help. I have also tried to patch the dsdt with dsdt patcher, but that doesn't help either.

It's also strange that when I click About this Mac is see that it's a Unknown 1.93GHz processor, but in fact it is a Intel Pentium Dual T2390 @ 1.86GHz. The chipset is ICH-8.

Any suggestions, because it's really annoying, because the temperature rises from 43 C to 98 C in like 10 minutes, so I can't really work with it now, unless I want to reboot every 5 minutes.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I'm a new Italian forumer. I've a Lenovo 3000 n200 with OSX Lion 10.7 ; I solved the same problem on my notebook deleting VoodooBattery.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

Bye!