How do I flush my Extensions Cache? (-f)

sev1972

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm having an issue, where I boot Snowleopard with chameleon, but my screen is black with a large pointer and the disk going mad!

This has only happened since i've been playing with chameleon's <Default Partition> tag. on a USB stick.

It didn't work as intended so I went into Snow Leopard to remove it, but I got the black screen described.

I booted into Leopard from another boot disk and removed the tag from chameleon USB.

Still getting the black screen, I decided to try booting without caches -f and it worked fine, so I'd like to ask, how do I flush the cache in snow leopard so that the next time I boot normally I will be ok?

Many thanks in advance.

The Key is Kext Utility!

You also can do it manualy by terminal!

Have a look here around, there is a description in blackosx's snow leo guide!

Hi,

I'm having an issue, where I boot Snowleopard with chameleon, but my screen is black with a large pointer and the disk going mad!

This has only happened since i've been playing with chameleon's <Default Partition> tag. on a USB stick.

It didn't work as intended so I went into Snow Leopard to remove it, but I got the black screen described.

I booted into Leopard from another boot disk and removed the tag from chameleon USB.

Still getting the black screen, I decided to try booting without caches -f and it worked fine, so I'd like to ask, how do I flush the cache in snow leopard so that the next time I boot normally I will be ok?

Many thanks in advance.