Hung on "Still waiting for root device"

Spicoli

3 posts in this topic

Hi all. I have searched the forums, read many threads and have tried several different BIOS options. I'm finally starting a thread because I am now getting the following error when I try to perform a search:

"There was an error processing the request. Please go back and try again, or contact an administrator for assistance. connection to unix:///var/socketproxy/insanelymac.com/searchd:0 failed (errno=13, msg=Permission denied)"

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P MB and a Core2 Duo processor (E8400). I'm using a SATA HD, connected to the first yellow SATA port on the board (as recommended in a few threads that I found concerning this MB), and a Samsung IDE DVD drive.

I'm using a Chameleon Boot CD, and swapping out for the installation disk as outlined in the guide that I am following. The installation DVD does boot, but it ends up hanging in the same place every time. I was initially trying with a Snow Leopard DVD, but then started trying with Leopard, and I am getting the same result. I have attached an image that I took of my screen that shows where it is hanging. I'm hoping that someone much more familiar with installing OS X on PC (that would pretty much include everyone here, I guess) could point me in the right direction here. :)

mac-boot-screen-resized.jpg

Your Chameleon boot CD is missing a driver for the controller that your DVD drive is attached to.

Cool. Thanks. I found another boot CD image on this site that worked. I'm posting right now from my machine running SL 10.6.2. I have my sound working, but it seems to have issues with sleep. Sounds like that's pretty common. I just have it configured not to sleep, so it really isn't an issue anyway.

Thanks again for the reply.