Hard drive won't mount after installation

RMan1971

2 posts in this topic

I'm following Testing Ground's Leopard OS X 10.5.6 on your PC install guide to the letter and cross referencing OSX86Project's specific settings for my Dell Dimension 5150.

I was able to boot off of the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 (Final) installation disc and select my hard drive, installed the software based on the above guides, and then when the system reboots, I choose "Onboard SATA hard drive" from the Dell Boot Device Menu, and I get a message saying "Selected boot device not available".

HELP!

When I run the disk utility off the installation disc it tells me the drive is fine. The Dell's BIOS is telling me that it both sees the drive and it is functioning properly. I've combed this list but i can't find anything specific to my situation, thus my need to cry out.

Anybody? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, happily I realized the error in my ways and realized that I hadn't formatted my hard drive properly (Disk Utility>Partition>Options>Master Boot Record - a KEY miss in my first install). I am actually using my new machine right now, but sadly, there is no sound.

As I reported above, I followed the "Testing Ground's Leopard OS X 10.5.6 on your PC" guide and there was a SigmaTel codec that needed to be installed after the initial installation. I did this and followed the remaining instructions, but still I am without sound.

In the Utilities folder there is an app that I've had to use on some of my other Macs (Audio Midi Setup), so I thought to go there and see if I could decipher anything. The most telling thing was in the "Audio Devices" section, under Audio Output, it simply says "Output is not supported".

In the install guide it said to not select any of the options under Audio Devices. Was this a mistake? Has anybody else encountered this and how did you solve it?

Thanks.