Possible to Do GUID Triple Boot?

jorwex

1 post in this topic

Is it possible to do a GUID partition map and have a triple bootable system on a single hard disk? I know you can do tricky things with rEFIt and gptsync, but I'm getting a bit confused because of the 4 partition limit for MBR based HDDs.

For instance, for a setup with Linux and Windows, you'd have 5 partitions with this setup potentially...

1. EFI Partition

2. OSX

3. Windows

4. Linux Swap

5. Linux

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it and determining the what order to install each one, when to use gptsync, etc.. I don't mind what bootloader is used in the end (Windows', Chameleon, GRUB, etc..).

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find a post that catered to this particular situation in my searches. I know this is very possible with a second HDD...just by making it GUID and slapping OSX on that disk.

Is it possible to do a GUID partition map and have a triple bootable system on a single hard disk? I know you can do tricky things with rEFIt and gptsync, but I'm getting a bit confused because of the 4 partition limit for MBR based HDDs.

For instance, for a setup with Linux and Windows, you'd have 5 partitions with this setup potentially...

1. EFI Partition

2. OSX

3. Windows

4. Linux Swap

5. Linux

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it and determining the what order to install each one, when to use gptsync, etc.. I don't mind what bootloader is used in the end (Windows', Chameleon, GRUB, etc..).

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find a post that catered to this particular situation in my searches. I know this is very possible with a second HDD...just by making it GUID and slapping OSX on that disk.

Very sorry...meant to post this in the Multi Booting and Virtualisation forum! My apologies.