SL install hangs at "system model name: MacPro3,1"

ecluley

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble installing SL on my dell laptop. I previously had Leopard installed from Kalyway's 10.5.2 disk on an MBR dual boot with windows 7 rc1. I was wanting to try Snow Leopard dual boot with windows 7 wither MBR or GUID. Following a guide I have restored the retail SL dvd to a external HDD partition and added in my DSDT and cameleon boot loader.

When I try to boot from the external HDD, cameleon displays fine, I select SnowLeo Install and begin to boot. everything appears to be going ok, but it eventually gets to the line "system model name: MacPro3,1" and hangs. I have tried leaving it for hours but nothing happens!

I have also tried boot flags -v -x -cpus=1 arch=x86_64 in a variety of combinations.

I have also tried a SL boot 123 disk then selcting the HDD from that, again to no avail. same problem every time.

I have tried searching and have read various post about people getting to this point once SL is installed but could not find anything about it happening when trying to boot up the installer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guyz plzzz help i am also facing the same probs my Hardware Details Are as follows

OS - Windows 7

CPU - Intel Core2Duo 3.00 ghz E8400

MoBO - DG33FB

Plzzz help my Installations Hangs

At system model name: Intel DG33FB

Sumone Plzzzz help

just been trying a few more things/trys, noticed when reading the screenit appears to be a panic!

the message before Debugger called: <panic> is

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x2E2D6E43): No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n" 0/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-59.0.1/pmThread.c:149

so, it looks like its a problems that the installer isn't recognising my CPU as HPET, would that be correct?

Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Maybe theres a replacement AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext...

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
just been trying a few more things/trys, noticed when reading the screenit appears to be a panic!

the message before Debugger called: <panic> is

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x2E2D6E43): No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n" 0/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-59.0.1/pmThread.c:149

so, it looks like its a problems that the installer isn't recognising my CPU as HPET, would that be correct?

Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Maybe theres a replacement AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext...

Thanks

Guyz plzzz help i am stuck is any one der ????

• 3 weeks later...